Tuesday, September 17, 2013

He Might Laugh

Why don't you come and tell me about the plans you've made?
They say he might laugh, but I promise you I won't.
You count the cost, the worry, the blood you've paid.
The world keeps turning whether you do or don't.

When did your heart grow so tough, so wise and so heavy?
They say time heals all wounds, but no one really knows.
You count the miles you've travelled, alone and steady.
Wherever you may wander, keep your compass close.

Where did you hide your dreams, your passions and your songs?
They say the real world is no place for the sunshine of imagination.
You count the gentle deaths of each little hope making way for the wrongs.
The wrongs that many ignore to elevate to some destination.

Why don't you come and tell me about the plans you once had?
They say he might laugh, but I could never do.
I count the lines above your furrowed brow, above your smile so sad.
Yet despite the pain and tears, the strength in that smile shines through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home