Thursday, October 07, 2010

Nick and I

I've been tired. I don't even know why. I slept and slept.

And now I have a flu. How strange. What gives?

Anyway, I've been curious about discovering my past lives but never really got anywhere with it.

Something occurred to me today as I was having lunch with my brother. My mom was unleashing her precious memories of how difficult it was to feed me as a baby. From morning till night I would be struggling over the same bowl of rice. When she forced a spoonful of food into my mouth, I would keep it there for hours.

My brother then exclaimed, "Like a hamster!"

And then it hit me. In one of my past lives, I MIGHT have been a hamster! That would explain my affinity with them and how I never thought of Nick as anything but my best friend. I confided in him and had him run around the house all the time. His little plastic 'cage' was in fact just his bed. I wanted him to feel free, respected, happy, loved and safe when he lived with me.

I'm only heartbroken I didn't get to see him through to the end. Can't help but wonder why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home